The hairstyle rules for women with long face shapes
If you don’t know which face shape you have, I recommend you to find out. Long face shapes are a bit longer that they are wide. As always, there are two types of hairstyles for you. Those that look great and those that you should avoid. In order to find a perfect haircut for you, you must follow certain rules.
- The first and the most important rule, you should know and follow is that the most flattering haircut for women with long face shape is shoulder-length. The perfect length is between the shoulders and chin. If you don’t know how this hairstyle looks like, look at the haircut of Adrianne Palicki.
- Because your main goal is to create width, you should use waves. For example, those on Palicki look great, so you should have the same or similar waves.
- Bangs will make an illusion that your face is shorter because they cover the biggest part of your forehead. The good side is that you can wear from side-swept bangs to blunt bangs.
- Chin length bobs are also useful because they create an illusion of width.
- Because it drags the face down, long, straight hair isn’t an option. This rule can only be broken if you have curls or waves.
- Uber-trendy long bob looks amazing on women with long face shapes. Soft waves and length are just perfect. I recommend you to ask your hairstylist for an A-line Long Bob. The back is 1 inches shorter than the front.
- If you like short hairstyles, avoid those that will add volume at the top and don’t spike your hair.